I often hear this phrase as a justification for a new policy or for staying the course with something that appears to be working.
I hear it when discussing the use of technology in the classroom.
I hear it when talking about implementing new and inclusive anti-bullying strategies.
I hear it during PD [...]
I watched this TED video by Derek Sivers a few days ago and it got me thinking about leadership in education.
In the video, Sivers describes how to start a movement. He uses a humerous video of a guy at a concert dancing and how a crowd eventually forms around him to illustrate how [...]
I saw this a few weeks ago and bookmarked it for a blog post. What struck me was that the internet has often been utilized as an innovative tool first by people in industries like pornography and gambling. It annoys me that these types of businesses are leading the way in which people [...]
May 2013 M T W T F S S « Apr 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Jeffrey Simpson: The tragedy of Alberta’s missing governance - The Globe and Mail
- Try Canvas | Canvas by Instructure
- Who Wouldn't Want The Best Information?
- Anyone using a rubric to "measure" creativity? Like this one: http://t.co/uWXWECR0FK
- SimpleWash, the Easiest Way to Clean Up Your Facebook Page
- This incredible hack lets you hang t-shirts inside your dresser drawers - no folding required. http://t.co/aizL8fEGgu
- Joseph Stiglitz: Principles and Guidelines for Deﬁcit Reduction http://t.co/xsRV5O8REg (pdf)
- CBC's new Kitchener-Waterloo station blends online with radio - Kitchener-Waterloo - CBC News
- Twitter / ballantynedj: @kempscott this just arrived ...
- Canada ‘light years’ behind U.S. on data mining in election campaigns, time to catch up, say experts | hilltimes.com
- ballantynedj: RT @jpkitchener: #eduhop AKA #rfap13 - Saturday June 1st - RSVP here http://t.co/wHOPJsmEcv
- ballantynedj: Evidence that Tchrs feel supported is when they take risks/initiative - Hargreaves & Shirley. Same wld apply for students, no? #learners
- ballantynedj: "Because in Cda, as we have discovered so often of late, we have very little means of holding pple in power to accnt" http://t.co/gAlZTq2KME
- ballantynedj: Just read - RT @pasi_sahlberg: "What if Finland’s great teachers taught in U.S. schools?" http://t.co/UWinqUdCGr
- ballantynedj: RT @acoyne: Mike Duffy is blameless. Also, he is eight feet tall and covered in fur http://t.co/FKfYZ7KWfF
- ballantynedj: RT @StephanieCarvin: Genius: Chris Hadfield comes home to $1.37 million Rogers phone bill http://t.co/fzZswELwGU
- ballantynedj: According to Sheryl Sandberg, in her book "Lean In", Harvard Business School doesn't give zeros and 50% of mark is participation #wrdsbAER
- ballantynedj: RT @cbc_archives: On this day in 1919: Remembering the Winnipeg General Strike 50 years later http://t.co/Kr88PeNPu8
- ballantynedj: No surprise that tchrs learn like stdnts. How often does PD planning take this into accnt? http://t.co/AAEvSh6tbN
- ballantynedj: US Geography students create a "Hate Map" using tweets. http://t.co/DKWnm9tEm9