I often hear this phrase as a justification for a new policy or for staying the course with something that appears to be working.
I hear it when discussing the use of technology in the classroom.
I hear it when talking about implementing new and inclusive anti-bullying strategies.
I hear it during PD [...]
During the last few months I have been working on the literature review for my M.Ed Thesis. The focus is on leadership in education and one article in particular has left a lasting impression on me.
In ” Leading schools in a data rich environment”, Earl and Katz (2002) observe that educational reform efforts have not [...]
Last month, as the school year came to an end, I had what I would call a highlight of my career.
Three of my grade ten students stayed after class on the last day before exams and we reflected on our last four months together. Perhaps it was a highlight because this is something that [...]
Recently, I was part of a group planning a PD session for our district subject association. Our job was to coordinate a session on a web 2.0 tool called “The Civic Mirror” that we have been using with great success in our school’s Grade Ten Civics classes. Without getting into too much detail about the [...]
May 2013 M T W T F S S « Apr 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Jeffrey Simpson: The tragedy of Alberta’s missing governance - The Globe and Mail
- Try Canvas | Canvas by Instructure
- Who Wouldn't Want The Best Information?
- Anyone using a rubric to "measure" creativity? Like this one: http://t.co/uWXWECR0FK
- SimpleWash, the Easiest Way to Clean Up Your Facebook Page
- This incredible hack lets you hang t-shirts inside your dresser drawers - no folding required. http://t.co/aizL8fEGgu
- Joseph Stiglitz: Principles and Guidelines for Deﬁcit Reduction http://t.co/xsRV5O8REg (pdf)
- CBC's new Kitchener-Waterloo station blends online with radio - Kitchener-Waterloo - CBC News
- Twitter / ballantynedj: @kempscott this just arrived ...
- Canada ‘light years’ behind U.S. on data mining in election campaigns, time to catch up, say experts | hilltimes.com
- ballantynedj: RT @CIVIX_Canada: #VictoriaDay was yesterday. Here's our blog on the history of the Canadian holiday: http://t.co/ZAMGqzsMIl #cdnpoli #cdned
- ballantynedj: Gallery Walk Teaching Strategy | Facing History and Ourselves http://t.co/EpRjQxWmTR - we use this for Gr10 Cda History
- ballantynedj: An awesome resource for tchrs - Teaching Strategies | Facing History and Ourselves http://t.co/QohlArTd75
- ballantynedj: RT @stephenfgordon: Calvin and Hobbes: "Maybe the economy should be discussed in cheap motel rooms" http://t.co/VndJB38E92
- ballantynedj: @SherryFreund My bad. Found this http://t.co/vrpCeb7u9i
- ballantynedj: @mrfusco @Glenn_Booker @JMitchinson re: teens that gravitate to Snapchat. Main feature may not be what it seems http://t.co/WsIPREoLi4
- ballantynedj: RT @OttawaCitizen: BREAKING: NDP will support budget; no spring election in Ontario. http://t.co/iU7arZu9L2 #ottnews #onpoli
- ballantynedj: RT @garyland: Casinos are, well, the crack cocaine of financially challenged cities. #onpoli #topoli
- ballantynedj: FYI @BTLBoucher RT @NNUptown21: Always crispy, delicious and satisfying...it's #friedchicken sammies this week for #brownbagfridays
- ballantynedj: What?! No Beechcombers Theme song? The top 10 Canadian TV theme songs - CBC Music http://t.co/O7ggcALBhL